RACE CATEGORIES (AGE GROUPS)
- Men 16 – 34
- Men 35 – 44
- Men 45+
- Women 16 – 34
- Women 35 – 44
- Women 45+
- The race is open to all cyclists.
- It is recommended to use road or gravel bikes. Electric bikes are not allowed.
- For safety reasons, headphones, triathlon and aero bars are not allowed.
- Each participant shall ensure that his/her bicycle are in order.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Race numbers must be attached on the bicycles as well as on the back of participants’ jerseys.
- Participants should carry mobile phones, spare inner tubes, hand pumps, basic repair kit, front and rear lights (for a short unlit tunnel), water bottles and snacks.
- Refreshments will be served at designated zones in Ghvedi, Tsageri, Alpana, and in Ambrolauri (see course map).
- Participants can also stop at local shops to buy food and drinks. However, they cannot be served by supporting vehicles, except in justifiable emergency cases.
- The race starts at 11:00.
- From the start line, the participants shall follow behind a marshal car until they receive a signal to start racing (approx. after 4km).
- Service vehicles will collect all participants who will quit the race or who will not reach the refreshments zones by cut-off times:
- Ghvedi (26km) by 13:00
- Tsageri (57km) by 15:00
- Alpana (80km) by 16:30
- Ambrolauri (110 km) by 18:00
All participants who will finish the race within the time limit will be awarded a finisher medal. The three fastest ones in each age and gender group will be awarded podium medals.
- By participating in the cycling race, the participants acknowledge that they:
- are aware of the risks associated with cycling and racing and they bear their own responsibility in case of illness, injury or material damage sustained or caused in all cases, including but not only in case of traffic accidents, and they will not raise claims towards organizers,
- are aware that the roads are not shut down to the usual traffic and they will respect traffic safety, regulations and instructions,
- are in good shape and health condition for participating in cycling races,
- are aware that the weather conditions may quickly deteriorate in the mountains,
- shall be careful while riding at all times, in particular while descending from Orbeli Pass and from other steep road segments, and shall not cross the middle line into opposite direction.
- Only official service, race marshals’, media, police and ambulance vehicles can follow the race.
- Drafting behind motorized vehicles is not allowed.
Participants agree that their name, surname and any videos or photos produced at the race can be published in social or other media.
Participants may only throw away rubbish into dustbins placed in settlements or at refreshment zones
The race organizers may disqualify participants from the race or apply time penalties in case of any violations of the above rules.